SUP Car Racks / SUP Soft Rack (pair) by Curve - the best Soft Rack system that connects your Stand Up Paddle Boards to your Car
- SUP soft racks feature super secure LOCKDOWN single loop system which cocoons around Stand Up Paddle Boards eliminating lift, slide and flutter
- 1" foam padding protects vehicle roof
- *new* 1" protective foam now extends to cocoon around SUP rails and prevent strap on rail damage!
- inside neoprene layer protects boards
- 2 connection options: thru-doors or via loadbars (roof rails)
- quick and easy to use with single tightening point
- easy board access via top load hook
- webbing doesn't run along roof reducing potential vibration damage
- fit 99% of roofed vehicles on the market
- constructed from 600D polycanvas and quality metal components
- includes utility bag
- capacity: 1-2 SUP's
- you get one pair of softracks which is everything you need to attach boards to your vehicles roof
- operational information PDF (82KB)
nb photo shows the surfboard version of the Lockdown Racks, however this product is specially designed to provide the same rail protection as per the photo, but for one or two SUP boards
Nothing holds your boards better
Mobilize your SUP boards with the strongest, simplest and most protective soft racks you can buy.
LOCKDOWN: The patented 'lockdown' system uses a single loop to cocoon around your SUP boards and down onto vehicle roof, eliminating SUPs lifting up and down or moving side to side, even in the most extreme conditions such as windblasts from oncoming trucks.
VEHICLE PROTECTION: 1" foam padding provides a soft and protective layer of cushioning between SUP boards and your vehicle roof, with a soft inner neoprene lining for maximum board protection.
SUP BOARD & RAIL PROTECTION *new and improved SUP Rail protection* a great new feature, the 1" foam padding between board and vehicle has been extended in length to now reach all the way around your board..... and beyond the RAILS! The 1" foam barrier now cocoons all the way around your board like a protective padded cushion - and now also sits between your SUP boards rail and the webbing strap which pulls down tight on your board. This extra cushioning protects your board from direct contact with the straps that secure it by providing a padded buffer between your SUP rail at point of contact where the straps get pulled tight. Like no other softrack, the Lockdown SUP Softrack now also reduces wear, pressure and damage to your rails. Choose Lockdown for ultimate SUP board protection and sturdy attachment to the roof of your vehicle!
SIMPLICITY: Quick and simple to use with unique single tightening point. Hint for first time use it may be easier to position racks around boards on ground first, prior to moving to roof of vehicle
CAPACITY: 1-2 SUP boards (note photo shows Surf version of the product with 3x surfboards - the SUP version will take 2x SUP boards)
You need to get your boards there in one piece so whatever you do, don't cut corners on your racks.
click here for the 5 star independent SUP Global review (note this review features the roof rail connection method)
click here for demonstration video of the system, as shown by the travelracks (same racks but WITHOUT padded foam you get in the Lockdown version of the same softrack)
nb like all soft racks if you experience any noise from windage while driving, simply add 2-3 twists to each strap and noise will be eliminated
IF YOU ARE TIRED OF TIE-DOWN STRAPS MAKING MARKS IN THE SIDE OF OF YOUR SUP'S, THIS IS THE SET UP FOR YOU! EASY TO TO SET UP UP AND THEY SECURE YOUR SUP(S) TIGHTLY TO WHATEVER BASE YOU ARE USING. THE NEOPRENE DESIGN ACTUALLY WRAP AROUND THE SUPS SO NO STRAPS TOUCH THE SIDES OF THE BOARDS (UP TO 2 SUPS). IF SECURING MORE THAN 2 BOARDS, THE STRAPS WOULD BE TOUCHING THE SIDES OF THE BOARDS. Chris Lytle